1. GLD Productions Ltd let furnishings, props, sound and lighting equipment on hire only on the following terms and conditions and will not accept or be bound by other conditions so far as they conflict with the following.
2. The period of hire shall commence at the time when delivery of items comprised in the requisition is affected in the manner and to the person, destination or site indicated by the Hirer in the requisition.
3. It is the duty of the Hirer to provide at such destination or site a duly authorised representative to accept the furnishings and to give a written receipt. If the Hirer fails to provide for this, he will not be permitted to dispute subsequently the facts of the delivery and be deemed to have accepted the delivery and these conditions.
4. The Hirer undertakes to keep the furnishings in good order and condition and to return all of them to the Company in such order and condition.
5. During the period of hire the Hirer is solely responsible for the hired furnishing and must insure against all risks.
6. The period of hire ends only when all furnishings compromised in the requisitions have been actually accepted back by the Company.
7. The company will make every endeavor to effect delivery and collection of hired furnishings at the time indicated by the Hirer but will not under any circumstances be liable for any delay in delivery or collection or for failure to deliver or collect nor for any expense caused to the hirer by such delay.
8. Instructions of the Hirer (different from those on the requisition) cannot be carried out, unless given to the Company’s Head Office seven days prior to action and accepted by the company in writing.
9. If the Hirer fails to return any items hired by him at the end of the agreed period of hire or within seven days from the company making a written demand, Company will demand payment of compensation equal to the current replaceable retail value of the items which have not been returned. Should payment in full not be received by the company within 14 days from the date of the invoice or demand the Hirer shall be liable to pay, in addition, a loss of hire charge not exceeding 10% per day of the retails value of the lost items.
10. The Company are only hiring out furnishings and will under no circumstances sell any hired furnishing to the Hirer.
11. Retails Value equals Insured Value as shown on order.
12. Transport is negotiable according to venue.
13. Fourteen days notice in writing of a cancellation is required to avoid a full rate charge. 50% deposit is due on confirmation of order. Balance of invoice is due 24 hours prior to delivery.
These terms can be altered only in writing and with full agreement of GLD Productions Ltd.
14. The Company reserves the right to alter ranges, specifications and prices of any products offered for hire.
15. These terms will apply to all transactions between the company and the hirer from the date of signed contract.